Wednesday, July 7, 2010

A l'aeroport!

Hello lovely readers. We're sitting in the Philadelphia airport waiting for our flight to Paris, then Niamey. Staging went well yesterday, though we left one tired bellhop at the hotel. Poor dude lugged our bags around like crazy, and apparently I was one of the few and proud who packed far less than the 80lb limit. One of our fellow trainees actually just brought one little backpack; I'm not sure how he managed that.
Everyone in our group (there are 33 of us) are AWESOME. I truly look forward to spending two years with these folks. Or at least in their proximity. Nice mix of ages, too.
We are all excited, although admittedly freaked out. Apparently there is a severe drought again in Niger this year, so we are a bit concerned about how that will affect our host communities. We shall see.

2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear that you are doing well! I doubt we'll hear much from you in the coming years on the interwebs, but I look forward to our letters. I'd better send your birthday card now (especially with my reputation).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping tabs on you, Erin, and so glad to hear you are off to a good start and that you like the group so much. Safe travels and we'll look forward to your next post from Niger! Jane

    ReplyDelete