Friday, June 6, 2014

Back to Africa, still with the government :)

Hi everyone,

Following my first year as an Master of Public Health student here at the University of Arizona, I am headed back to Africa on Sunday night.  For this summer's adventure, I will work in Lusaka, Zambia - proudly representing U of A and KU, by default - with the United States Agency for International Development (USAID - aka, Peace Corps for Grown-Ups) in their Health Office.  To say I am excited would be a major understatement.  I've had my eye on AID since 2010, and this is pretty much my dream internship.  I'm nervous but also know that I will be a-okay.  I'll update the blog regularly with adventures and misadventures.

Stay tuned, but in the meantime, let's sing along to this song, one of my favorites from the northern half of the continent.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJ-rI2i9VGE

Sai anjima,

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment