Thursday, January 6, 2011

Oh, yeah, I did meet that camel

I neglected to mention in my prior post that I did, in fact, ask my neighbor to meet their camel. It was perhaps one of the top three moments of my service thus far, I'm not kidding. This particular family has a little shago/small shack of a store around the corner from my house and are pretty well-educated. I think the dad is a Hadji and has three or four wives. Their boys, remarkably and defying science, really, are identical despite different mom-age. I really like all the kids (as they are super polite to me - what a concept! and are old enough to have an intelligent conversation) and explained that since I dearly love animals, I NEED to meet their camel. I was introduced and got to pet her (!) before she tried to gnaw on my hand. I felt like a 4 year old at a petting zoo; it was fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment