Thursday, March 1, 2012

Hey there! Je suis encore ici!

Hey everybody (or all two of you who read this). I've thought about reviving the blog for some time, now that I'm well-established in Benin, and inchallah/God-willing, we will not be evacuated anytime soon!

To catch you up on the last fourteen months of my life:
1. Peace Corps Niger was suspended in January 2011, and I was reassigned to Benin, starting in July 2011. I have essentially started over, so instead of finishing July 2012, I will close my service in July 2013.
2. I had the great fortune of changing sectors: I'm now a rural community health volunteer; my primary assignment is with the Centre de Promotion Sociale (social services center) in Kandi, a large-ish town in northern Benin. I do lots of work with my neighborhood health center and with the regional hospital.

I'll keep you posted on projects and life au Benin. Hugs from Africa!
--Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment