Sunday, September 26, 2010

Swear-in!

It was a lovely day indeed. The official ceremony was held at the Ambassador's residence, and approximately 200 embassy officials, current PCVs, Peace Corps staff, and friends attended. My friends gave speeches in Hausa, French, and Zarma, and those were quickly broadcast on Nigerien radio and TV!
Here's a picture of my new (smaller) regional family (only some of us pictured are new PCVS). Our "Nigerien dad" (our training manager) is in the back row. I think we were all a little choked up bidding him farewell at the crack of dawn yesterday, but we'll see him in a few months.
We are now in our regional hostels awaiting "installation" in our villages. I'm both excited and terrified for the moment when the car drives away, and I'm on my own. Courage and confidence, Erinie.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Erin,
    Wow, it certainly seems like you have accomplished much in a short period of time! I can't believe it's already October. Chicago is just beginning to get chilly in a wonderful 'fall' way. Everyone here at SHS is well. Today is International Night actually and we are expecting a big crowd. Keep us posted on your work and life. Congrats! Christy

    ReplyDelete